Did you know you could learn how to be a clown?

As I have mentioned previously, I have a weird obsession with clowns. Obsession is perhaps not quite the right word, even though I do think and talk about clowns a lot. Mainly about the fact that I think they are EVIL.

Yes, evil. I don’t think there is anything particularly funny about clowns. They are so damn creepy. The only thing that bothers (and fascinates) me more is people who decide to become clowns.

Who in their right mind would freely choose to dress up and act like a clown?
Well, apparently there are a lot of people who feel inclined to do just that. When I went to the centre where I had my first ever Yoga class (damn, that is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but more about that at another time) I found out about some unusual classes they were also teaching.

I kid you not, but they had 3 different classes that teach you how to become a clown. They even had a fancy name for it like “clownery” or something. How weird is that? I was really disturbed it.

And also kind of intrigued. Are there that many people hoping to learn how to be a clown, and a good one at that? WHY? It’s just too mindboggling…

Comments