The Dresden Dolls rock

I heart the Dresden Dolls. They are one of my favourite bands. Ever. I had heard of them-or at least of the name of their band-for a few years. One of my favourite authors Caitlin R. Kiernan had blogged about them many times.

One night about a year ago, I was bored and was downloading some random music. Whatever I could think of. One of the names I entered was the Dresden Dolls. I am so glad that I did.

Their music is simple awesome. After downloading their first song, I knew I had to get my hands on every song they had ever made. Loved it. I am not sure I can explain exactly why. But I can try.

I love their sound. It is different from most bands I have listened to before. Not only do they have a great sound, the lyrics to the songs are simply brilliant.

They cover the greatest range of topics, from exes to masturbation to neo-Nazis to obsessions with radio hosts. I could go on, but my descriptions really do not do the music justice.

You just have to listen to them. So go on, check out the Dresden Dolls. You will like it. If you do not, it simply means you have bad taste in music.

Comments