I’m going to entertain/bore you with 25 random facts about me. I stole this idea from Ingrid Diaz, so you can blame her for…well, I am not sure what for. Perhaps boring random trivia about me will fill you with such joy, you might want to thank her instead. Anyways, I am rambling…let’s start.
1. I love lists, regardless of whether they are existing ones or I am the one compiling them. Ok, now that I think about it, making lists myself is much more exciting. My favourite part of work is Monday morning when I make my to do list for the week. One time I even made a list of all the lists I need/wanted to make.
2. That leads me to the second random fact about me: I used to (try to) hide my geekyness. For years I did not really spend that much time being the big dork that I am, until a few years back when I fully embraced being a dork. And I love it.
3. I love onions, in any shape or form. Not just in meals, but raw as a snack too. Well ok, maybe not quite, although I did when I was younger. I still think onions and garlic make every meal better.
4. I love to cook, but I cannot cook with anyone else. I am way too stubborn. I always think I know better how things are done and I NEED to do things my way. Only when it comes to cooking though, I can be quite submissive in other areas.
5. If there is one thing that annoys me more than anything it’s stupidity. That and people without a sense of humour who take themselves too seriously. For some reason, the latter are often lesbians. I think that’s a shame.
6. I am often too honest and direct for my own good. Every day though I am learning to hold back a little. Still, I don’t really understand why I should, seeing I am only saying what everyone else is thinking.
7. I don’t dance. With that I mean I do not like to, want to or understand it. After years of standing next to the dance floor being bored out of my mind, these days I just stay away from places where people dance all together.
8. I have a weird obsession for clowns. I think they are evil and not funny at all. There’s something very wrong with grown men who put on a clown’s costume and try to entertain kids. Creepy.
9. I almost got killed when I was 17. It was very close. Guess it wasn’t my time yet.
10. I don’t care for flowers, or pets or anything else alive in my apartment, apart from me.
11. Don’t tell me what to do as it really annoys me. Ask nicely and I will do almost anything.
12. I have a PhD. (or am I a PhD?) But find it really weird when I get addressed with my Dr. title.
13. I enjoy sneezing. It’s a wonderful sensation, and I don’t mean that in a dirty way.
14. I am extremely clumsy and a total spaz. I cannot multitask or even walk around my apartment without dropping something or hitting myself somewhere.
15. I am also covered in burn scars from not paying attention or being stupid while cooking.
16. I love cooking almost as much as I like eating.
17. Sometimes I wish I didn’t like eating so much .Then I think I’d rather love food and be overweight, than to be skinny and be indifferent to eating.
18. I used to be extremely shy and the world really scared me. I still think the world is scary, but I no longer let it shut me up.
19. I don’t care for chocolate.
20. I think books are the best invention ever. I used to read anything and everything and own a ridiculous amount of books.
21. If I could do everything over again I wouldn’t change a thing, because it’s made me who I am today. And well, I rather like me.
22. I am left handed.
23. I am so not a morning person. I never have to get up that early anyway, but still I complain.
24. I am blonde, but dye my hair brown most of the time. I find it amazing how men treat me differently depending on my hair colour. Shallow much?
25. I like girls. A lot.