Battlestar Galactica versus the L word

This week two of my favourite shows have started airing again. Yes, I am talking about Battlestar Galactica and the L word. I love both these shows for very different reasons. Even though they have a lot in common, they are also quite different shows.

Let’s talk about the similarities first. Both BSG and the L word are currently in their final seasons (Sad face!). It will only be a few more episodes and these shows will be no more. Of course, they will stay in our hearts forever and of course they will be available still be available on DVD.

Awesome final season of Battlestar Galactica



That’s the second similarity…I own all aired seasons of these series on DVD. I have watched each episode multiple times and still enjoy them. Both series makes me happy and they make me smile. Both series also make me shout at the screen!

The L word and Battlestar Galactica are both filled with hot women. I could list all their names, but you know exactly who I am talking about. If it ever came down to it, it would be a hard choice between Alice and Starbuck.

(Who am I kidding…I would easily give up my happy life with adorkable Alice as my baby mama for one night of hot passionate sex with emotionally unavailable Starbuck)

the L word's final weirder than weird season


Even though there are many more similarities between the L word and Battlestar Galactica, there is also one very big difference: The L word is a show about lesbians, whereas Battlestar Galactica might not have (m)any lesbians, but it is a really good show.

Are you enjoying watching either, neither or both?

Comments

I pick 'Galactica' because of all the great man-ass.
Natazzz said…
I guess that's an easy pick as the L word is somewhat lacking in great man-ass...