Straight clubs

Last night I went to a straight club for the first time in years. I do go to straight places, just hardly ever to clubs. This is mainly because I do not like to dance, so then there really is little point in going. Most of the time anyway.

However, last night it was one of my good friends’ birthday and she wanted to celebrate it there. So I thought, why not, how bad could it possibly be?

Well, I have to say, it was not that bad. It was just a very weird experience to get hit on by guys. Not that this normally never happens, but not to the extend as such things go on at a club.

They were nice enough though. I mean, when I told them I was not interested they would just go away. This was such a contrast to my previous experiences where I really had to tell guys to F off or they would not get the message.

Besides all the straight guys, the music was also something I did not really enjoy. It was so loud you could hardly have a normal conversation.

This might make sense to most of you, but for someone like me who does not dance and usually only goes out to pubs, this was really annoying.

I also realized it was my first time at a club since I quit smoking. Normally while everyone was dancing, I would pass the time chain-smoking. Now I decided to just keep drinking instead.

Bad idea.

No, don’t worry, I did not do anything stupid. I just have a really sore head right now.

All in all, I’d say it was an all right night, but if it is up to me I won’t go to a straight club again for a very long time.

Comments