Employed again

After months of job interviews and plenty of slacking, I am once again entering the world of the full-time employed people. Starting September 1st I am going to be an assistant professor at a great university in the Netherlands.

I haven’t actually signed any contracts yet, but it is as good as certain. I am really excited about the new job, and moreover, so relieved I no longer have to go on any more job interviews.

It sure has been an exhausting few months. I have been all over the place, going to different countries even, selling myself to various people and places. Well, at last someone has decided to buy.

When I lived in Germany, I constantly made fun of a Dutch colleague of mine, mainly about the city he used to live in. Guess what? That is exactly the city I’ll be moving to…oh the irony.

Besides making myself useful again, I am also really looking forward to having enough money to waste it on unimportant and luxurious things. And more importantly, moving into my own apartment.

Yay me!

Comments

mega said…
Congratulations and "happy timez" with your new job.