My sister

"I hate my sister, she’s such a bitch…." Remember that song? If not, go check it out. It’s this fun song by the Juliana Hatfield Three about the ups and downs of having a sister. I can relate. Do not get me wrong, I love my sister. She is awesome.

But I did not always feel that way. We got on great when we were little, but things soon changed once we hit puberty. For a long long time we really could not stand each other. Not only that, but it was almost like we were complete strangers, with nothing in common but the fact that we had to share a house and family together.

I think we found each other again once puberty and high school was out of the way for both of us. All of a sudden we realized we did have lots in common, not only that but we actually enjoyed each other’s company.

More than a decade later, I would call my sister one of my closest friends. I love hanging out with her. Even though we are very different, we like to do the same stuff, enjoy similar things, and have the same sense of humour.

It was not until I moved to a different country that I realized how much she meant to me. Being far away from everything that is important to you makes it that much easier to see those things and people that really matter.

Like I said, my sister is awesome.

Comments