After Ellen’s Hot 100

After Ellen has posted the results to their annual Hot 100 list, a list of the hottest women on the planet according to lesbians. And what a list it is…

When they started doing this list a year ago, it was just a bit of fun that got a little out of control. Since then the After Ellen website has grown in popularity enormously, resulting in over 100,000 people voting for this year’s Hot 100.

And the winner is: Tina Fey.
Now, I personally did not vote for her, nor do I think she is all that hot. But she is a pretty cool lady, and I can live with her topping the list. However, I much more agreed on last year’s winner Leisha Hailey, who again this year made it onto my personal top 10.

This is what the top 10 looks like:
1. Tina Fey
2. Jennifer Beals
3. Jill Bennett
4. Bridget McManus
5. Leisha Hailey
6. Ellen Page
7. Sarah Shahi
8. Sara Ramirez
9. Kate Moennig
10. Lena Headey.

I voted for three of these women, I wonder if you can guess who they were (apart from Leisha of course, since I already told you I voted for her).

Looking at the entire list, you cannot help but notice that if you want to be listed as one of the Hot 100, it helps if you are either (1) part of the L word cast or (2) an After Ellen vlogger.

I guess we just like women who are either openly gay or who play gay. And really, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Before I post some more pictures of some of my favourite women one the list, I just have to say I am slightly confused by some of the "winners": 6. Ellen Page, 25. Gabrielle Christian, 43. Blake Lively, 52. Emma Watson, 67. Tegan & Sara. Maybe I am just getting old. At least, I hope it was the younger AE readers who cast those votes.
Even though the list was not that surprising for me, I did not always expect some women to rank that high. For example, 17. Ellen Degeneres. I love Ellen, but is she really the 17th hottest woman alive? Then again, I am even more puzzled by 56. Jackie Warner. She is so annoying and not all that attractive. Perhaps being openly gay is the most important factor here?

Some of the entries, I also think are really cool. Like 8. Sara Ramirez, even before she "played gay", 46. Angie Harmon, because it is such an unusual choice, oh and 74. Karman Kregloe, because she is the highest-ranking AE Vlogger who isn’t even a celebrity. I think the photo below tells you exactly why:

I could go on and on about this list, but maybe I should just shut up and have you make up your own mind about the Hot 100.

Here are some more pics of some of my favourite Hot 100 chicks:

24. Christina Cox

33. Katee Sackhoff

68. Carly Pope

81. Michelle Rodriguez


83. Clea Duvall

Comments