If only I had paid more attention in high school

There are many very everyday things that I wonder about. Like how come scaring someone can help them with their hiccups, why do cows eat grass, where does sleet come from, how does the low and high tide work, and why there are so many annoying people.

I am not totally dense, and I do know the general answer to most of these questions. However, I often lack the specifics. And it is exactly those specifics that they tried to teach me in high school.

Of course, when I was in high school, I could not care less about how the weather worked or why the world turned. If only I had paid more attention then, I would not have so many unanswered questions now.

Then again, I am also pretty sure there are plenty of things they tried to teach me in high school that I will never ever need or even want to remember. Like chemistry or physics.

I guess there is always Wikipedia. But that is not really the same.

Comments