Home, sweet home?

I’m back in my old hometown. The town that I grew up in. The town that I left when I was 18. I remember swearing I would never go back here. Ever. There’s been many things I said I would never ever do that I ended up doing just the same…

So far it’s not too bad being back. I enjoy the familiarity of being in a country that I spent the majority of my life in. I know these people, I understand them: what they say, what they want, what makes them tick. At the same time that’s also the worst thing about being back.

Actually, there are a lot of bad things about being back. I will not bore you with all of them, but I do want to share the lovely surroundings:




I’m staying with a friend of mine. A really good friend, we go way back. We have known each other for 18 years. So we get on fine. It also helps she has a huge luxurious apartment and she works a lot. Me, I still have a lot of time on my hands. I am not the sort of person who gets bored easily, but a lot of free time does make one do crazy stuff.

It’s only been 3 days and already I have noticed some very scary things. Like how I try to keep her house nice and tidy, how I get her mail and run her errands. Worst of all, whenever she’s come home I was there with dinner ready….

I’m turning into a freaking house wife!!! Help!

Comments