Books I read during the summer

It turns out I prefer actual reading of books over writing about them. Even though I set out to review the books I read each month, I haven't gotten around to it since the beginning of summer. On a positive note though, I have been reading much more lately than those meager 2 books a month I read before.

Right now, I am actually re-reading all of Karin Slaughter's books, as I love them and never managed to read them all in the correct order. I'm up to book 5 I think, and it's such a joy. If only more books could be such fun, easy reads!

What else have I been reading since July? Here's a brief overview:

Criminal and Undone by Karin Slaughter (crime/suspense)


These were the only 2 of her books I hadn't read yet. Like all other books, they were a great read! Not sure what more to say about them, then you should definitely read her books if you enjoy crime novels.

Broken Harbour by Tana French (crime/suspense)


Another author you should check out is Tana French. This is the fourth book of hers I read, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She just writes great, interesting, intriguing crime novels.

Greetings from Jamaica - Wish you were queer (and the sequel) Camptown ladies
by Mari SanGiovanni (romance/comedy/lesbian)

These books were such fun to read!


As I summed it up on Goodreads

Book 1: "It was a fun read. Finished it in one day. I thought the storyline was a little unbelieveble, but it kept me entertained. It was rather funny, with lots of light drama and a great love story thrown in the mix."

Book 2: "I really enjoyed reading this book. It's fast-paced and funny, and you just want to keep on reading. The storyline was very predictable and the cluelessness of the main character annoyed me a bit, but besides that it was a pretty good sequel."

Keeping you a secret by Julie Anne Peters (romance/ya/lesbian)


From Goodreads: "I thought it was going to be a cute love story. It was. But way too much time was spent on the horrors of coming out in high school (complete with getting kicked out the house etc. etc.). I think from now on authors should only write cute lesbian love stories, which can have lots of drama but please no more of the "the world is a cruel and homophobic place" because it's simply too depressing."

Ash by Malinda Lo (fantasy/ya/lesbian)


Not really my cup of tea (i.e., fantasy), but beautifullly written nonetheless. Ash is a lesbian retelling of Cinderella. If you like fantasy or fairytales, you're going to love this book.

Finally I read three crime novels that I thought were rather boring, hard to get through or just plain a waste of time:

A stain on the silence by Andrew Taylor (crime/suspense)

Ritual by Mo Hayder (crime/mystery)

Marked man by William Lashner (crime/suspense)

                  Don't read these!  

Comments