Books I read in February

Last month I complained about not having read enough and I said I hoped to do better next month. Well, February wasn't much better. Despite my best intentions, I only managed to read two books. I'm not sure why, as it's not as if I don't have the time to read...Anyway, on to the books.

Silent Scream by Karen Rose

I read another book by Karen Rose, this one was entitled Silent Scream. I was going to write an extensive review about it, but it really is more of the same. Read any of my previous reviews of her books and you get a pretty good idea of what her style is like.

This doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading this novel, because I did, but it's more like watching another episode of season 10 of a TV show you like than the excitement of watching an episode of season 1 or 2 of a new cool show you just discovered. I'm not sure whether the TV series comparison works, but it does give me a great excuse to refer you to all the great TV shows I'm watching.

The other reason why I"m not that excited about this novel is because of the one I read after this. The other book I read was similar, but just written so much better.

Broken by Karin Slaughter

Just as with Karen Rose, I have also read many books by Karin Slaughter. They are always crime novels revolving around detectives or medical examiners who have to solve some horrible murders or kidnappings. Yes, sounds like many other crime novels, but the reason I love the books by Slaughter is because they are just very well written. Or at least much better than some of the other stuff I have read.


Broken is number two in the Georgia series, although I am not sure why it's a new series as we come across the same main characters as we've seen in the Grant county series. This novel is set 4 years after the final Grant county series, wherein medical examiner Sara Linton returns to Grant county for the holidays.

Of course in no time she gets up to her neck involved in mysterious deaths taking place in the small town. She asks Will Trenton to help out and together with Lena Adams he tries to solve the case. There's some animosity, some loving feelings and of course, a lot of suspense. I can't wait to read part 3!

Comments