YouTube Thursday: Eurovision favourites

Since it’s time once again for the Eurovision Song Contest this Saturday, I thought I’d take this opportunity to share with you some of my all time favourite Eurovision tunes.

This wasn’t an easy task as I generally think that most of these songs are crap. But Eurovision has been around forever, so luckily there were lots of songs to choose from.

Those songs below definitely don’t belong to my favourite songs, but they are the least bad Eurovision songs…or some I have fond memories of.

Johnny Logan – Hold me now (1987)

Can you believe I used to like this song? Well, in my defense, I was only 10 at the time. I still like one of Logan’s other songs though, Wouldn’t it be good.

Abba – Waterloo (1974)

You can’t have an overview of Eurovision songs without mentioning Abba.

Dana International – Diva (1998)

This was a huge thing, when Israel won with this song in 1998. I think it might possibly be my favourite Eurovision entry ever.

What about Dutch entries? Well, two stand out for me…

Michelle – Out on my own (the Netherlands, 2001)

I don’t really care for the song, but she’s an out lesbian, so worthy of a mention.

Frizzle Sizzle – Alles heeft een ritme (the Netherlands, 1986)

I liked this song when I was nine lol. I haven’t heard this song since 1986. I don’t remember it being this bad.

Looking up Eurovision songs also made me realize that my all time least favourite artist has participated in this. Can you guess who I mean?

P.S. The only thing I really like about watching Eurovision is the scoreboard at the end lol.

Comments