No one has been watching me

Last night I had a little Christmas drinking event at work where we all got nice Christmas gifts. With that I mean, I got a bag filled with lots of girly crap I don’t care about and am never going to use, while all the guys got a nice bottle of wine. Life’s so unfair sometimes.

Anyways, over red wine and snacks I brought up the subject of the video cameras in my office. You know, the ones I complained about previously. Guess what? It turns out they are not hooked up to anything.

Yep, it’s true. For the past four months I have worried about how I behave while I am in my office, making sure no one is watching me pick my nose or scratch myself in wrong places. Now I find out that is has been all for nothing!

No one is watching me, there isn’t a tape in the camera, in fact, and the cameras aren’t even switched on. I guess they were used at one point, but now they are just there to give the impression that all the offices are being watched.

Well, they had me convinced. I feel really silly about this, but then again, what am I supposed to think when I see a video camera in my office with a notice saying they are watching over my and other’s possessions?

That’s another thing. I was convinced these cameras were keeping an eye on all my personal crap in my office when they weren’t. So I guess I should be lucky none of it was stolen, seeing as I didn’t exactly made a lot of effort to keep them safe because I thought those damn cameras were actually on.

Oh well. At least I no longer have to worry about how I behave at the office.

Comments