Fucking Amal: A GOOD lesbian movie

I often hear people complain about the quality of lesbian movies and to be honest, I too have been guilty of moaning about this myself. The problem with lesbian movies is that often the movie does not so much revolve around a great plot, but about the fact that it involves lesbians.

Even though I love to see some gay content in my movies, this itself is not always enough to make a movie enjoyable let alone memorable. I expect more from my movies than the fact that it involves lesbians.

Luckily there are some great queer movies out there which do actually meet those expectations, you just have to know where to find them. One of those movies is Fucking Amal (also known as “Show Me Love” in some parts of the world), a Swedish film from 1998 about two seemingly different teenage girls who go to the same school in a little town called Amal and end up falling in love with each other.

Read my entire review on eurOut.

Comments