Stuck: Would you ever be this selfish and cruel?

Last night I watched the movie Stuck again. Stuck is a thriller written and directed by Stuart Gordon, and tells the story of Brandi Helper who one evening after returning from a night of clubbing, high on alcohol and pills, accidentally hits a homeless man with her car.

Brandi is unsure of what to do and decides to drive home, with the guy still on top of the hood of her car and his head stuck through the windshield. The more she thinks about it, the more she comes to the conclusion that if anyone finds out about the car accident it could ruin her life.

She decides that it would be a better option to just leave him in her garage to die, and then dispose of his body later (read my entire review here).

What I find very fascinating about this storyline, is that it not entirely fictional. In fact, Stuck is inspired by a true story. It makes you wonder about the kind of people that are out there.
I mean, people have been known to be quite selfish and cruel when it comes down to it and they just want to save their ass. But come on! Who would actually let an innocent man die just so they won’t get into trouble?

I’d like to think this is not a matter of “you have to live it, to know it” kind of thing. I hope I would never be capable of something that horrible.
Then again, I do not find it hard to believe there are other people who would easily be capable of it. Hmmm. What does that say about me?

Comments