Passport photos

I went to get my passport photos done yesterday. I never really enjoy getting my pictures taken, because somehow I always look like crap. I am not just saying that, it is true.

Even these days with digital cameras, I cannot seem to produce a decent picture of me. A while back, a friend of mine took 30 pictures of me, and in only two of them I did not look like a complete moron.

In at least eight photos I blinked or had my eyes closed, in others I was either grinning like a retard or I tilted my head for no good reason. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to getting passport photos taken.

This pimple faced sixteen-year-old boy at the store took my picture. He looked so bored and tired, I felt I should be grateful he even bothered to get up from behind the counter at all.

He told me not to smile or show any teeth, and to put my hair behind my ears. New passport photo regulations. It is so unbelievably stupid. I mean, is it truly harder to recognize someone when their ears are not showing?

I never show my ears, and for good reason too. I am blessed with one nice Dumbo ear. Yep, just the one. The other ear does not stick out at all, but it is quite misshaped from those fun college years during which I had one too many piercings done.

If ears are indeed important, does that mean that from now on every time I go through security at the airport they will make me show my ears? You know, just so they can check if my ears match the ears on my passport photo.

My photo did come out somewhat ok though. And with ok I mean that they look like my head shot from prison, if I had a head shot.

Comments

In all of my official photos (driver's license, passport) I look like a criminal, arrested and mugshot after a hard night of booze, NY-Quil, and just general random hardness.
Natazzz said…
I always wonder if it makes people think you're a hard-ass, or that you just take bad pictures...
Oh, I'm no hard ass. I just don't photograph well. I'll white out important driver's license info and post it on my blog so you can see for yourself. Please don't hit me.