The L word continues

This week there was lots of news about TV lesbians, and with that I mean women who play lesbians on TV, especially about the upcoming season of the L word. If you want the full scoop, just go to AfterEllen. I just wanted to highlight what stood out for me.

Elizabeth Berkley is going to star in the sixth season of the L word, playing “the straight girl that got away from Bette Porter”. Seriously? I know the L word usually has little to do with reality, but still I am wondering how they are going to make this believable.
Because (1) Bette would never fall for someone like her, (2) Elizabeth Berkley is much young than Jennifer Beals, and finally (3) No one gets away from Better Porter!

Ok perhaps my real problem with this casting is that I just cannot stand Elizabeth Berkley. She already annoyed me when she played in Saved by the Bell, and I hated her just as much in Showgirls.

Then again, it could be a lot worse. I am still relieved Paris Hilton isn’t going to star in the L word.

In other news on the L word, Ilene Chaiken has announced that the final season of the L word will have an open ending. Oh God! This means that this show will never ever end. Do we really want to leave it all unresolved?

I would much prefer for a clear and closed ending. It does not necessarily have to be everybody dies, but perhaps they could do a final 5 minute “What happened to”. You know, we see Bette and Tina growing old together and Shane still fucking up her life and lots of women. That sort of thing.
But no. We’ll get an open ending instead. And a spin-off. Seriously? Just start something completely fresh and new people. Even if they have great ideas, it will never be Melrose Place. More like Private Practice or Joey.

Comments

Unknown said…
ok, now i'm starting to get freaked out about all the things that both of us do and do not like....LOL...but, seriously, i have commented on AE how much i HATE that useless bitch Elizabeth Berkley! how could Chailken be so insane as to sign her on to the most important season of all????