Scream 3

Last night I watched Scream 3 on television. I remember when the Scream series first came out about a decade ago. I was really excited about them, in fact, I even saw all three movies at the movie theatre.

When I was younger I used to watch a lot of horror movies, but somehow they always seemed a little dated and lame. That is what I loved about the Scream series, they modernised the scary movie, and made it scary again.

Or at least, that is what I used to think. But when I watched Scream 3 last night, I could not help but think it all seemed a little lame. Granted, Scream 3 was not the best film of the trilogy, but still it made much more of an impression on me 8 years ago, than it did now.
Perhaps it is because my judgement is no longer clouded by my obsession for Neve Campbell (who still is very cute, though), or maybe it is just because since those Scream movies came out, so many other and better scary movies and TV series have been made.

Whatever the case may be, it was still enjoyable to watch. It was also a pleasant surprise to see how many “famous” actors are in this movie. For example, I never realized that one of the cops investigating the murders is no other than McDreamy.

Oh that Patrick Dempsey, he gets around. I was just over the shock he actually played the lead in eighties movie Can’t buy me love. And now this. I wonder if it bothers him, that no one knew who he was, until he started playing in a TV drama.

Anyways, Scream 3 is a fun watch if it happens to be on television, but I would not stay home for it.

Comments