Retro TV: The A-team

Last night my roommate made me watch multiple episodes of The A-team. I am still recovering.

When I was a little kid, the A-team was one of my favourite TV shows. I loved the adventures, and all of the action. I especially loved how they always managed to build something out of household supplies that enabled them to either escape, rescue someone or kill bad guys.

Let’s just say that some series do not really stand the test of time.

One of the episodes I watched involved the whole A-team gang getting themselves arrested so they would be able to rescue some guy from prison. I am not sure why the guy deserved to be broken out of jail, seeing as he wasn’t exactly innocent. Oh well.

Their rescue plan included one of the guys playing a very bad stereotypical gay hairdresser (it wasn’t actually mentioned he was gay, but it was still very crinch worthy). Another guy pretended to be a doctor advising the prison wardens that what the prisoners really needed were fancy haircuts.

If you think the plot is unbelievable so far, let me tell you how they escaped the prison. They actually used blow dryers from the hair saloon to blow air into paper bags that were attached to chairs. They then sat on the chairs and the "hot air balloons" (paper bags filled with hairdryer air) carried them over the wall of the prison.

That scene was actually the high light of my A-team movie night. Needless to say, next time I am picking the DVDs we are watching.

Comments