Comic of the month: Calvin and Hobbes

I totally forgot I used to do a Comic of the month. Or at least, I think I skipped a month (I am too lazy to actually look in my old post to see how long it has been). Anyways, this month’s favourite comic is Calvin and Hobbes.

Calvin and Hobbes is another fun comic strip that was featured in thousands of newspapers from the mid eighties until the mid nineties. There have also been a number of comic books that are still selling very well to date, I think.

The comic strip is about Calvin, a smartass little boy, and Hobbes, his stuffed tiger, who is pretty much alive whenever he is alone with Calvin. They are named after John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes (go look in a history book if those names mean nothing to you).
In the comic you can see Calvin deal with teachers, classmates and parents, have fun with Hobbes, and basically get up to know good. What I especially love is Calvin’s unique view on the world, politics, and other issues.

Sometimes the best points of view are expressed by smartass little boys. Or just by smartasses in general.

Comments