Procrastination

Hi, I am Natazzz, and I am a procrastinator.

I am not ashamed to admit it: I love to procrastinate.* I think I have always been that way. I was probably born lazy. There is just something very enjoyable and satisfying about wasting time.

Granted, I can also get great pleasure out of working hard and getting things done. Sometimes. That’s beside the point. The point of this little blog post is to proclaim why I am such a big procrastinator, and in case you are not, perhaps I can convince you why you should become one.

Every day there are so many things we should be doing. There is nothing I hate more than the word should or what it implies. Ok that is not true, the only thing I hate more than things I ought to be doing, is someone telling me what I should be doing.

I have authority issues. Otherwise known as extreme stubbornness. I am happy to do just about anything, unless you tell me I have to do it. Silly, I know.

Anyways, it just feels really good to procrastinate when you should be doing other things. For example, write private emails, surf After Ellen, make to-do lists, or reorganize your DVD collection when you have to finish a paper. Especially when a deadline is near. Of course, not when a deadline is too near. You do not want to be stupid.

Some people are incapable of doing nothing. They need everything they do to be useful. They are the kind of people who get up before nine on a Sunday morning, so they feel they do not waste their Sundays. Freaks. The way I see it, Sundays were invented for sleeping late. That, and walking around in your pyjamas all day or having DVD marathons.

Like I said, I do not only enjoy procrastinating, I also love being a lazy git in general. It’s great, you should try it sometimes.

* This blog post is brought to you by the word procrastinate, one of my most favourite words ever.

Comments